- PhDs in Philosophy (EGS, 2017) and Cultural Theory (Roehampton, 2012);
- MA from University of Minnesota (1997);
- Author of Dressage and illusio: sport, nation and the new global body, a meditation on sports, psycho-analysis and cultural theory;
- Writes on temporality, movies, and Gelassenheit for international peer-reviewed journals;
- Currently working on a study on perversion and how to overcome it.
This essay on video refereeing in football was published by the Norwegian weekly Morgenbladet 21 July (Norwegian).
Everything you need to know about the psycho-analysis and cultural theory of sport in the global media. New book by Torgeir Fjeld out on Scholars’ Press. Among the key questions raised in this book are: Has globalization come to an end or are we forever shaped by the centrifugal forces that bind us ever closer …
- Arts & Letters Daily — a portal to current writing on art and philosophy run by The Chronicle of Higher Education, founded by Dennis Dutton;
- Film philosophy (entry in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy);
- Minerva (in Norwegian);
- Philosophy Now;
- The Point Magazine;
- Bernt Olufsen’s blog I Media (in Norwegian).