- Head, Ereignis Center for Philosophy and the Arts;
- PhDs in Philosophy (EGS, 2017) and Cultural Theory (Roehampton, 2012);
- MA from University of Minnesota (1997);
- Author of Dressage and illusio: sport, nation and the new global body, a meditation on sports, psycho-analysis and cultural theory (get it here from Amazon.com);
- Writes on temporality, movies, and Gelassenheit for international peer-reviewed journals (see also this blog post);
- Currently working on a study on perversion and how to overcome it.
Professor Sigmund Loland, former principal of Norway’s Elite sports college, has praised the book dressage and illusio: sport, nation and the new global body: … enters directly into current philosophical and social scientific questions regarding sport – nation – body, and anchors the debate in strong, theoretical currents … rich in perspective and original analysis. The book …
Follow this link to get to the blog that predated this site. There you’ll find summaries and links to essays, poems, short snippets on sundry philosophic topics, movies, language, and so on. Read about Wittgenstein, Schopenhauer, Heidegger, Spinoza, Foucault, Berkeley, Bourdieu, Descartes; read a poem by Sonnevi in translation. Plus video links, original texts, you …
This essay on video refereeing in football was published by the Norwegian weekly Morgenbladet 21 July (Norwegian).
Life’s ugliness must be torn to pieces
Until beauty — totality can grow from its soil.
Thus we are two, my poem and I: a claw,
The two of us, one will.
From Elmer Diktonius, “Jaguaren” (in Hårda Sånger, 1922)
- The Munch Museum in Oslo;
- Arts & Letters Daily — a portal to current writing on art and philosophy run by The Chronicle of Higher Education, founded by Dennis Dutton;
- Film philosophy (entry in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy);
- Minerva (in Norwegian);
- Philosophy Now;
- The Point Magazine;
- Bernt Olufsen’s blog I Media (in Norwegian).